This formaldehyde training video will focus educate the viewer on the OSHA Standard (1910.1048) for the rules and procedures that workers must follow when working with formaldehyde. This training DVD is an important step in educating employees that work with formaldehyde on how to properly use the chemical, what precautions to be aware of, and what personal protective equipment (PPE) can be used to reduce over exposure. |
As you know, formaldehyde is an irritant to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes so proper protection is a must. Further, since inhalation of formaldehyde can cause coughing, nausea, violent vomiting, diarrhea and more, employees need to understand how to protect themselves. The video also discusses OSHA's PEL, or "permissible exposure limit" when it comes to this chemical. Per the OSHA Standard, any employee who has an exposure to formaldehyde at a rate of 0.1 ppm, much receive annual training.
The video spends significant time on teaching lab workers how to properly select and use respirators, what protective clothing might help in the event of a formaldehyde splash or spill, proper ventilation when using the chemical, and what to do in case of an accident that involves formaldehyde. The viewer is also educated on labeling for the chemical and Safety Data Sheets for formaldehyde. Finally, the video discusses a "medical surveillance plan" which is part of the OSHA Standard.
The bottom line is that if your employees with with or around formaldehyde, then this video can help teach them how to properly use the chemical, protect themselves and their co-workers, and what to do in case of an emergency involving the chemical. This training is available on a DVD or you can also purchase the training via our online safety training program.
The formaldehyde training DVD is 15 minutes long and you can watch a full-length preview below.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session