Fires are not only dangerous to human health but they also can cause thousands of dollars in damages in many cases. Keep your crew and your property safe through proper training on fire safety regulations using this Industrial Fire Prevention Training Video. |
This video has all the information you need on the causes of industrial fires, types of fires, fire prevention, fire extinguisher use and instruction, safety equipment, and much more. Your employees will walk away with a firm understanding of how to prevent and deal with fires on the job. This course covers several important concepts:
Your employees need training on workplace or industrial fire prevention and this training course will help with that effort. Available as either a DVD or USB and in either English or Spanish language options.
- What are the three key ingredients that a fire requires in order to continue burning? (Fuel of any kind, oxygen and heat or ignition source)
- What are the different kinds of fuel that can lead to an industrial fire? (combustible solids such as wood, paper, cardboard, etc)
- What are some possible sources of ignition that exist in many workplaces? (A grinder that throws sparks, an overloaded electrical circuit or extension cord, a smoldering cigarette butt, etc)
- What is the correct fire extinguisher type to use on a variety of different types of fires?
- What are the different classes of fires and how do they differ? (Class "A" involves everyday solid combustibles like wood or paper and can be extinguished with water; Class "B" involves flammable gases or liquids and can be extinguished with chemical foams; Class "C" fires involve electricity and can be put out by smothering the fire with a "non-conductive" substance; Class "D" fires are not common, but involve combustible metals0
- An overview of the fire extinguisher PASS method (Pull the pin, Aim the nozzle, Squeeze the trigger, Sweep from side to side)
- A discussion on how to handle gasoline and other flammable liquids
- What is a "shock sensitive" substance and how are they handled in an industrial fire situation?
- An emphasis on the best way to "fight" a fire which is keeping them from starting in the first place (good industrial housekeeping practices, the proper handling and storage of flammables, etc)
- A discussion on the importance of not overloading electrical outlets, not using frayed extension cords, and more
- What is an Emergency Action Plan and how that fits with your Company's fire protection efforts
- What should your employees do if a fire does break out while at work? What are the steps they should take to save their own life and those of their co-workers?
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session