FORKLIFT OPERATOR TRAINING – [Full Video Certification Kit]
Do you need a good, solid forklift driver safety training video? This is the one you want. In any workplace environment, the operation of forklifts comes with its own unique problems and challenges. This 26-minute video provides a thorough overview of forklift operations, including the engineering principles that make forklifts possible, basic safety rules that should be adhered to both by operators and by other workers and basic maintenance tips and routines that can prevent major issues.
This Forklift Training Will Teach Your Operators the Following Key Concepts:
- What is the OSHA Powered Industrial Truck Standard and why is it important?
- What are the requirements for forklift certification?
- How often must forklift operators be re-evaluated for certification?
- What are the different classes of forklifts, and how do they differ?
- What are the best practices for forklift safety?
- How are forklift controls different than driving a car?
- How to perform a forklift inspection prior to starting work and how to shut down the lift at the end of the workday
- Where is the center of gravity of a forklift, and why is that important?
- Who has the right of way – a forklift or pedestrians? (Pedestrians always have the right away. This topic is so important that we created a separate training on forklifts and pedestrian safety)
- How high off the ground should you keep your forks whether loaded or unloaded? (Between 4 to 6 inches of the ground with the mast tilted back)
- How to maintain the stability of the forklift when making turns
- How to drive the forklift on ramps, loading docks, and elevated platforms
- What to do in case of a tip-over of the lift
- How to operate the lift truck when electrical wires or equipment are present
Additional Topics Covered in this Forklift Training Program:
- What are some “dont’s” when operating a forklift? (Never let someone ride on the load, never let anyone walk under raised forks, never let co-workers ride on the forklift, and more)
- How and where to safely refuel or recharge your forklift when needed
- How to use a spotter if you are carrying loads that block your view
- What is a dock plate, and when should it be used?
- How to properly refuel a propane forklift
- How to properly charge a forklift that runs on batteries
- What are the basic operating procedures for a forklift, and how to operate the forklift safely
- A discussion on forklift attachments and their use
- What is the “stability triangle,” and how is it implemented when operating a forklift?
- How to understand the load-carrying capacity of your forklift and the importance of abiding by it
- How to load, stack, and move materials while reducing the risk of injury
- and much more…
This video training program is particularly beneficial for employees who will operate forklifts and need OSHA training to keep them safe while operating the lift. Available in Spanish or English language versions, this video also includes free written materials, including a training leader’s guide, a sample test or quiz of the material covered in the training video, and a Leader’s Guide that will supplement the teachings of the video. The package also includes printable “Forklift Operator Wallet Cards” that you can issue to your forklift drivers. This is a complete package to train your forklift operators in lift safety, all the while fulfilling the OSHA requirements for training on this machine.
*** Includes Printable Forklift Certification Wallet Cards ***
Forklift Safety Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.