Distracted Driver Training Course – [Complete Video Kit]
Do your employees drive as part of their job duties? If so, this training video on “Distracted Driving” is a really important safety training tool for them and for you. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drivers who were distracted behind the wheel were responsible for more than 3000 deaths in 2015. That number has climbed in recent years.
It is estimated that more than 70% of drivers use their cell phones for calls during driving, and more than 30% use them for text messaging. Furthermore, talking on a cell phone while driving increases your employee’s chance of an on-the-job auto accident fourfold. And texting? If an employee is texting while driving, they are 23 times more likely to have a car accident. These facts are why teaching your employees the dangers of distracted driving is so important.
This Distracted Driver Course Covers the Following Important Concepts:
This training video discusses the problems associated with using cell phones while driving, but also the other distractions that drivers face:
- Talking to passengers
- Fiddling with the radio
- Looking at maps
- Adjusting dashboard controls
- and much more
The distracted driver training course also teaches viewers how to combat distracted driving and what to do in certain situations, including:
- What should you do in the car with a distracted driver?
- How can you sharpen your “spotting” skills while driving?
- How can you spot and steer clear of other drivers who are distracted?
- How can you prevent “multitasking” while driving?
- How to eliminate distractions BEFORE you get behind the wheel?
More Concepts Covered in this Distracted Drivers Training:
- What are the statistics around distracted driving crashes? (90% of drivers state they recognize the dangers of using a cell phone while driving. However, 2/3rds of those same drivers admit to using a cell phone while driving. Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, injuries, and fatalities, and eliminating distractions while driving can save lives.)
- What are the three types of distractions that driver distractions include:
- Visual distractions (Anything that takes your eyes off the road, such as reading text messages or emails, looking at the backseat, reading a map, etc.)
- Manual distractions (Any time you take your hands off the steering wheel, including picking up your phone, eating, etc.)
- Cognitive distractions (Any time you think of something other than driving, such as arguing with a passenger, worrying about work or personal issues, etc.)
- What impact does a “backseat driver” have in distracting a driver?
- What does the National Safety Council or NSC tell us about risky behaviors versus safe driving?
What Are Some Tactics For Employees To Combat Distracted Driving:
- Put your phone in “Do Not Disturb” mode, so phone calls are routed to voice mail, and notifications are turned off (this fits with many State laws that don’t allow cell phone usage while driving anyway)
- If using GPS, make sure to enter the destination details BEFORE you start driving
- Understand your car or truck, and know how to operate it BEFORE you take to the road
- How to be a defensive driver and avoid situations before they create accidents
- Don’t multitask, but instead focus on driving.
- And, much more….
Distracted drivers are a danger to themselves, your business, and other cars on the road. This training video aims to teach your employees both the dangers of distracted driving and how to prevent on-the-job driving accidents. It is an important piece of training for any of your employees who drive as part of their job.
Course Delivery Options:
This distracted driver course is just over 17 minutes long and is available on a DVD or a USB Stick. There are both Spanish and English versions available. We also offer this course as an online option, either as a single training module or as part of a larger safety training library with more than 220 additional titles.
This Complete Distracted Driving Course Includes These Items:
- Full-length Distracted Driving safety training video
- Employee quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Distracted Driver Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order. Shipping is a flat $12.00.