Driver Safety Video – The Basics
If your employees do any amount of driving for your business, then you know how important driver safety is. If your goal is to reduce the number of work-related auto accidents among your employees, then this Driver Safety Video is for you.
Driver Safety Concepts Taught In This Training:
- How many people die each year in auto accidents? (It’s more than 2 million worldwide)
- Can most auto accidents be avoided? (Yes, through a combination of driver safety, driving skills, and careful attention to detail)
- Why is keeping the car and/or truck in good mechanical condition important? (Simple things like good tires and brakes can ensure that some accidents can be avoided)
- What are some good items to carry on board any vehicle used for work? (Jumper cables, flashlight, snow brush or ice scraper (in some climates), and flares, to name just a few)
- How to prepare the vehicle for driving (the importance of adjusting the seat, mirrors, etc.)
- How does drug or alcohol use affect an employee’s ability to drive? (this should be a zero-tolerance policy as any amount of drugs or alcohol, while illegal, also hinders the driver’s ability to handle the vehicle safely)
- What is the importance of wearing a seat belt every time the vehicle is driven?
- What is a “safety cushion,” and why should all employees who drive understand this concept?
- What is a “following distance,” and how can drivers use this information to reduce accidents and injuries while driving?
Driver Safety Video Additional Concepts Covered In This Training:
- What is “side space,” and how does it help you with lane changes and more?
- How to properly pass another vehicle safely
- Why it’s important to avoid “cutting off” another vehicle as you pass them and merge into their lane
- How to share the road with motorcycles, small cars, trucks, RVs, and buses
- How should your employees drive around school buses or schools?
- How does night driving affect the driver’s ability to react to the road conditions and remain safe?
- How and when to use your high beams while driving at night
- Why it’s so important to not only follow, but to understand road signs and speed limits
- What special precautions should drivers take while driving in bad weather?
- How does wet or snowy weather affect the operation of a motor vehicle?
- What are some distractions that drivers face on the road? (cell phones, eating/drinking, adjusting the radio, etc.)
- What is road rage, and how can your employees avoid being caught in a road rage situation?
- What to do in case of an accident
- and much more…
If your employees are driving as part of their jobs, then this Driver Safety Video can help you help them avoid car accidents. This full training kit includes everything you need to help your employees drive as safely as they can. Available as an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick. The run time of this training video is 20 minutes.
Full Length Preview of the Driver Safety Video:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.