If you have employees that drive as part of their job then teaching them the skills of defensive driving can be a lifesaver. This training video will teach your employees all about the importance of defensive driving, and how to react while behind the wheel. Traveling on our nation’s roadways can be dangerous.
Although you are always responsible for the way you operate your vehicle, the one thing you can’t control is how other people drive their vehicles. That is why learning the art of defensive driving is so important. In addition to other drivers, it’s important to know that defensive driving can also be used in bad weather, car malfunctions, and other hazardous situations.
This Defensive Driver Training Video Teaches the Following Important Concepts:
- What is a “safety cushion” and how do you use it?
- What part of the lane should your car or vehicle be in?
- How do you handle a tire blowout?
- How often should you check your mirrors and what should you look for?
- What is the “counting rule” and the “three second rule”?
- What do you do if your car starts to hydroplane?
- How do you pass trucks and busses differently than cars?
- What can you do about distracted drivers?
- How do you handle tailgaters or other aggressive drivers?
- How to deal with road rage?
- How to deal with bad weather including snow, rain or other hazards?
- What do you do in case your car starts skidding?
If you have employees who drive, do you and your business a favor by teaching them the benefits and techniques of defensive driving.
This training video is available in a Spanish or English language version, and in either a DVD or USB Stick. The training session is approximately 17 minutes long. We also offer this training as part of our online safety training program if you prefer that option.