DOT Hours of Service Training – [Complete Video Package]
Do your Commercial drivers need Hours of Service training? If so than this training kit is for you! As you know, the Department of Transportation or DOT has established “Hours of Service” regulations for your drivers. The reasoning is that by monitoring and limiting the number of hours a commercial driver spends behind the wheel, you will better be able to control fatigue and subsequent accidents. This video will teach your drivers the requirements of logging their driving hours.
This Hours of Service Training Covers the Following Important Concepts:
- What do the DOT Hours of Service requirements require from Commercial Motor Vehicle or CDL drivers?
- How is “on-duty” defined when it comes to driving a commercial vehicle?
- What is the definition of “off-duty” time and what does is allowed during off-duty time? What does personal conveyance mean and what does it have to do with HOS regulations?
- What are the daily and weekly maximum hours a truck driver can operate under the Hours of Service guidelines for DOT compliance?
- What are the FMCSA requirements for documenting your driving hours in a driving log?
- How to fill out a duty status log and keep it up date
- What are the exceptions to the Hours of Service regulations?
- What routes exempt a driver from log keeping?
- What role does safety awareness play in keeping CDL drivers injury and accident free?
- What does the daily log book require in regards to Hours of Service regulations?
- What are the requirements to make your driver’s log available to law enforcement or agency inspectors?
Additional Hours of Service Training Topics:
- What are the different types of Automatic On-Board Recording Devices (AOBRDs) or Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs), what do they track and how do they work?
- When does the clock start on CMCSA regulation time requirements? Are there any Hours of Service limits?
- What is the maximum number of hours a commercial driver can spend behind the wheel of their truck?
- Why is it important to keep your driver’s log book up to date and accurate?
- What are some real world examples of a driver’s schedule and how to log it?
- What is the 70-hour /8 hour limi or the 60-hour/7 day limit and how do they work?
- What is a “sleeper berth provision” and how does it work and what does it allow?
- and much more
If you have truck or other commercial drivers you need to train your operators on the Hours of Service requirements. This training program will do just that. Available as a DVD or USB stick.
DOT Hours of Service Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.