CDL Driver Training on Handling Adverse Conditions [Video Kit]
When you have CDL drivers or employees who drive large trucks for your business, then keeping them from getting into accidents is a big priority. Any training that you can provide that helps prevent injuries or accidents is good for both your drivers and your business. That’s where this training for CDL and large truck drivers on how to handle adverse conditions comes in. The fact is, there are hazardous and adverse conditions on every roadway and training your drivers how to handle these conditions should be part of any safety training program at your company.
This CDL or Large Truck Training on Handling Adverse Conditions Covers the Following:
- As a driver of a large truck, why is it important to be aware of what is happening around you on the roadway?
- What is unique about driving a large truck versus a passenger vehicle? (it’s obviously longer, wider, heavier, and more difficult to maneuver)
- How do adverse conditions like bad weather, aggressive drivers, work zones, and aggressive drivers affect a big rig operators driving?
- What are some good tools to have on board your truck in case of bad weather? (Things like a snow brush, ice scraper, spare windshield wipers, etc)
- What is a “whiteout” condition when driving in snow?
- The importance of knowing how your truck and it’s tires react in rain, snow, or debris on the road
- What to do in case your truck starts skidding or your tires lose grip on the road
- What is hydroplaning and how to you handle your truck when it occurs?
- How to handle a blowout or flat tire (don’t slam on brakes, get to a safe flat surface, put out flares or reflectors, etc)
Other topics covered in this Avoiding Adverse Conditions Training for CDL Drivers:
- What is “buffeting” and why is it important to know how to handle this condition while driving your truck?
- How to properly and safely pass another large vehicle, RV or tour bus
- What distractions should be avoided while driving? (eating, drinking, cell phone usage, etc)
- What are some indicators of an aggressive driver? (speeding, cutting off other vehicles, merging recklessly, don’t use their turn signals, etc)
- How to handle tailgaters
- What is road rage and and what to do if you find yourself a victim of a road rage driver (never make eye contact with the other driver, remain calm, ignore gestures, etc)
- How to handle driving situations when there are pedestrians on the streets or sidewalks
- How does driving through a work zone create special dangers for large vehicles?
- The importance of carrying emergency equipment in your truck (a fire extinguisher, reflectors, road flares, etc)
- and much more….
Teaching your drivers how to deal with any adverse conditions they will face when driving is a critical skill to learn. Help avoid accidents and injuries by providing your CDL or other large vehicle drivers with the skills and tools they need to be safe on the roadways with this training video. Available as a DVD or on USB stick, the runtime on this video training is 16 minutes.
CDL Driver Training on Handling Adverse Conditions Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.