Sanitization Training for Food Workers [Complete Video Kit]
Do your employees know how to sanitize their work area when handling food properly? What training have your food workers had on sanitization techniques? This training video will teach your food-handling employees how to sanitize their work area, the reason that sanitization is so important and much more. Preventing food-borne illnesses starts with proper sanitization; this training video will get your team on the right track.
This Sanitization Training Covers The Following:
- What is the process to properly sanitize a work area where food is being served, prepared, or processed?
- Sanitization follows cleaning in that you can’t sanitize a dirty surface. Areas must be cleaned and then sanitized.
- What is chemical sanitization? (This is the process of using chemicals to kill microorganisms)
- What is “heat or thermal” sanitization? (This involves exposing surfaces used to prepare food with a high level of heat which kills bacteria)
- What is the most common form of “thermal sanitization”? (This is usually done with hot water at least 171 degrees in temperature to ensure that it effectively kills the bacteria). Steam can also be used.
- Can all surfaces be sanitized in the same way? (No, since surfaces are made of many different materials, they must be sanitized in a specific way. Rubber, stainless steel, and plastic are all sanitized in different ways)
- What are SSOP’s or an HACCP? (SSOP stands for “Standard Sanitization Operational Procedures” and HACCP stands for “Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point” plan). These documents would contain the specific procedures to sanitize the work areas in your facility)
- According to the CDC, after sanitization, what percentage of bacterial spores, viruses, bacteria and fungi must be killed? (CDC requires that 99.999% of all harmful materials must be killed within 30 seconds of the sanitization process)
- What are the guidelines for using a chemical to sanitize the work area? (The chemical substance must be low in toxicity, must be approved for use on food surfaces, and must be stable under all conditions)
- How to properly dilute a sanitizing chemical that comes in concentrated form
- What are some things you should do BEFORE you sanitize a work area? (You should smell the area to ensure that no musty or sour odors are present, you should check for detergent residue from the cleaner that was used, you should wait until the cleaned surface is completely dry before sanitizing it, and more)
- What is a “Clean in Place” system, and what is its role in food handling or processing?
- What is a “Clean out of Place” system, and how do they work?
- and much more…
If you are training your food workers on how to sanitize their work area properly, then this training video is for you. It will help teach your employees the proper way to sanitize their work area so that any chance of a food-borne illness, food contamination, and more is minimized or eliminated. This employee training is 21 minutes long and is available as an English-speaking DVD or USB Stick.
Sanitization Video Training for Employees – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.