HACCP Training – [Complete Video Course Kit]
If your employees need HACCP training (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) then this is the video for you. Recognized across the world, HACCP will help your employees understand the importance of food handling safety.
What Topics Are Covered in this HACCP Training:
- What is the history of HACCP and why was it created?
- What is an HACCP system and how does it help to ensure food reaches consumers in a safe to each condition?
- If you work in any capacity of food handling it is important to understand the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points system and solid food safety concepts
- What role does the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in our food chain?
- What are all of the elements to our food chain? (it consists of growing, harvesting, processing, manufacturing, distributing, and selling food including retailers and restaurants).
- What are the HACCP basics and why are they important for your team to understand and implement?
- What did food safety mainly rely on before HACCP was created? (food handlers usually relied on sight, smell and touch to determine if food was safe).
- Is the HACCP process a reactive or a proactive program? (it is definitely a proactive process with adjustments being made as things change within the food processing environment
- Is HACCP voluntary or is it a requirement?
- How are “control points” monitored in a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point system?
- What types of food safety hazards is the HACCP meant to control? Answer: biological hazards such as viruses and bacteria like E-coli, listeria and salmonella, physical hazards such as broken glass, metal, pieces of plastic, etc., and chemical hazards such as pesticides, peanut dust, cleaning solutions and more
- What are the things an HACCP plan does and does not do? It DOES address food safety by focusing on the “processes” that the food is going through, such as cooking and refrigeration, and what could create hazards within these processes. It DOES NOT address environmental issues like hygiene standards
- What are the three prerequisites to a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points plan?
- Policies regarding employee hygiene, such as the use of hair nets and gloves, and practices like proper handwashing.
- Pest control programs which prevent animals and insects such as mice and roaches from entering the food production process.
- Regularly scheduled cleaning procedures for the equipment that is used in food processing and handling activities.
This HACCP Training Also Teaches These Important Concepts:
- What are the 5 steps to create an HACCP plan?
- Assemble an HACCP team and begin to create a manual
- Fully describe the food products that the HACCP plan will cover (things such as recipes, packaging materials, storage guidelines, and distribution)
- Determine the intended use of the food product and outline who will be the consumer of the product
- Create a flow diagram which shows the steps the food will go through while it is controlled by the facility (This should include every step that is in direct control of the facility, from initially receiving and storing the food and associated materials, to packaging and shipping it out and stocking or serving it)
- Verify that the flow diagram is correct (a physical walkthrough using the diagram should be performed to ensure all steps of the workflow have been captured)
- What are the initial 3 principles of any Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points plan? (Conduct a “Hazard Analysis” which identifies the steps in the process where physical, chemical or biological contaminants could be introduced)
- How should the control points outlined in the HACCP training be monitored?
- What must be done to correct any problems that arise?
- What are some examples of HACCP systems and how do they relate to the full program?
- How should the problems with food safety be verified and documented?
- What is the international HACCP alliance?
- How to establish “monitoring procedures” for your HACCP plan
- How should “corrective actions” be established as part of your HACCP protocol?
- How to establish “Verification Procedures”
- How to keep records regarding your plan to ensure that everything is documented correctly
- and much more…
If you are looking for comprehensive HACCP training course for your employees then this is the video for you. Unlike other HACCP courses this training can be administered in-house with the tools we provide. The package includes the video, trainee quiz, answer sheet and Training Completion Certificate. This complete training package is available as a DVD or USB stick or as an online training program. Is is also available in an English or Spanish speaking version.
HACCP Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.