Hand Wrist and Finger Safety in Construction
Your construction workers do hard, strenuous work. They also constantly use their hands and fingers to complete tasks. For these reasons, specific safety training for construction workers on protecting their hands, wrists, and fingers is critical to reducing the number of accidents and injuries. This Construction Worker Hand, Wrist, and Finger Safety Training will help you do just that.
This Construction Worker Hand and Finger Safety Training Covers:
- What are some examples of how construction workers can injure their hands or fingers while doing their jobs?
- How can construction crews avoid hand injuries?
- What are some hand and finger ergonomic hazards related to construction work?
- How do you examine your work area for potential hazards that might affect your hands, wrists, and fingers?
- The importance of inspecting hand tools before use
- Why are machine guards so important in protecting a construction worker’s hands, wrists, or fingers from sustaining an injury?
- What is repetitive motion syndrome, and why should construction workers take steps to prevent it?
- From an ergonomic standpoint, what is the proper way to use a hammer, hand saw, or other hand tool?
- How to select the right-hand tool for the job
- Which tools might cause excessive vibration and ultimately lead to hand-arm vibration syndrome, a loss of nerve sensation?
- What are some good safety tips construction workers can follow for tools that vibrate to protect their hands and fingers?
- Limit the amount of time using the tool
- Avoid gripping the tool too hard
- Allow the tool to do the work – don’t force the tool
- If possible, wear vibration-absorbing gloves
- How to choose the right pair of gloves that can protect a construction worker’s hands for a variety of different tasks
- What are the different types of gloves, what are they used for, and how to select the right pair
- and much more…
Training your construction crew to protect their hands, wrists, and fingers is very important. It not only helps keep your company compliant with OSHA but also helps your crew reduce their hand-related accidents and injuries. It’s truly a win-win scenario. This Construction Hand and Finger Safety Training comes in English or Spanish and on a USB or DVD.
Construction Hand, Wrist, and Finger Safety Training – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.