GHS Container Label Training for Construction Workers – [Full Video Kit]
Does your Construction Crew need training on GHS Container Labels? If so, then this training will get your construction workers up to speed on this important topic. By training your Construction Workers on how to read and work with GHS Labels, you can ensure that your site is OSHA compliant and safe to work at.
This Construction GHS Container Label Training Covers:
- What are HAZMAT container labels and what are the OSHA regulations regarding their use?
- What is GHS and what does it stand for? (The Globally Harmonized System)
- What does the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard focus on and how does that relate to hazardous materials on a construction site?
- How should HAZCOM be communicated to your construction crew? (with GHS container labels, through Safety Data Sheets SDS, and by the companies written Hazard Communication Plan)
- How does the GHS system classify or divide materials into hazard classes? (this is done through the use of pictograms which outline the nine different hazard classes)
- What are the five pieces of information found on a GHS container label?
- The name of the material
- The “signal word” for the material
- The “hazard statement” about the material
- “Precautionary information” users should know about the material
- The name and contact details for the material supplier
- How does the GHS system classify an “in-house” container and how do those differ from any other type of container?
- What are the nine different pictograms?
- An image of a person’s body with a star inside it
- A flame which indicates the type of chemical
- An exclamation point indicating how the chemical might be harmful
- An image of a gas cylinder
- An image of test tubes dripping liquid
- An image of an explosion
- A picture of a flame over a circle
- An image of a dead fish and dead tree
- An image of a skull and crossbones
- What is a “signal word”?
- What are some examples of GHS “precautionary statements?”
- and much more….
Give your Construction Workers the training they need on the GHS system by using our Construction GHS Labels Training product. This training is just under 14 minutes in length and includes everything you need to train your crew on the GHS Label System. Available as an English or Spanish-Speaking DVD or on USB Stick.
Full-Length Construction GHS Labels Training Video:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.