Kitchen Safety Orientation – [Complete Video Training Kit]
A restaurant kitchen is a busy place – there is a lot of movement, knives, flames and more. All of that action creates an environment ripe for employee injuries. That’s why this Kitchen Safety Orientation video is so important. It covers all of your kitchen staff and teaches them the safety concepts they need to know to prevent accidents and injuries in your restaurant or food service establishment.
This Kitchen Safety Orientation Training Covers the Following Important Topics:
- Whether you are a food server, bus boy, line cook or chef you need to understand the basics of kitchen safety
- What are the five main areas of a commercial kitchen and what are the hazards of each area?
- The line cook area (the area where food is cooked including fryers, stoves, and other hazardous areas)
- The food prep area (where food is prepped or cut)
- The walk in refrigerators (areas of high traffic rife with trip and fall hazards, running into co-workers, etc)
- Expedite or wait station (constant high traffic with waiters and waitresses grabbing food to serve)
- Dishwashing station (slippery floors, food scraps, etc create high slip and fall hazards)
- What are the most common accidents in a kitchen? (Slips, trips and falls, followed by cuts and burns are the most common injuries in a kitchen environment)
Other Topics in this Kitchen Safety Orientation Video:
- The importance of cleaning up food, water and ice spills from the kitchen floor
- Basics of food safety including fish, fowl, and sanitization
- The need to wear hair nets and gloves when appropriate
- How to prevent burns including steam from a dishwasher, hot plates, open flames, or fryer accidents
- The importance of selecting the proper knife for a job, and maintaining and handling the knife properly
- The basics of workplace harassment in a restaurant or kitchen
- and much more….
If you own or manage a restaurant or other food service establishment, then your kitchen staff needs some basic safety training. This Kitchen Safety Orientation video will cover a wide variety of topics and help your employees reduce the incidence of injuries or accidents. Available as a USB Stick or DVD, this training video is approximately 10 minutes in length.
Kitchen Safety Orientation Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.