If you need to train your employees on how to deal with spill clean up then this training video is for you! Sometimes accidents happen. There’s no way around that, but how you handle chemical and other hazardous material spills can make the difference between a minor mistake and a major disaster. This HAZMAT Spill Clean Up Safety Video will train workers on the proper way to handle hazardous spills.
Your employees will learn how to reduce damage, cleanup materials, and reduce the chances of injury during the entire process. It’s a must have for any employees who work with oil solvents, chemicals, and other hazardous materials. The training video covers several important concepts:
- How to read and interpret the Safety Data Sheets or SDS for chemicals found in your workplace
- What to do in case of a hazardous spill including:
- Evacuation protocol and guidelines in the event of a hazardous spill
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Decontaminations procedures
- and more
- What are the five levels of employees who deal with HAZMAT spills? (An Incident Commander, First Responder Awareness level, First Responder Operations level, hazardous materials tech, and hazardous materials specialist)
- What is a “Spill Response Team” and what are the responsiblities for each member?
- What is diking and how does it help employees prevent the spread of a hazardous material spill?
- What are the different types of direct-reading instruments that are used to detect hazard materials? (combustible gas monitors used to detect airborne contaminants, disposable detector tubes that change color in the presence of certain chemicals, and field survey meters that are used to detect atomic radiation)
- How are sorbents and absorbents used in a hazardous materials cleanup?
- How to decontaminate and dispose of a HAZMAT spill?
- and much more
Available as an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick, this training video is an important part of any safety training program.