HIPAA Rules and Compliance – [Complete Video Training Kit]
This HIPAA training video will help teach your employees the rules and regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. As you know, private medical information is something that needs to be protected and secured. Your employees need to understand their HIPAA requirements so they don’t accidentally violate this important law. This HIPAA awareness training helps get your employees on the right track and ensures your facility is as HIPAA compliant as possible.
This HIPAA Training Video Will Explain to Your Employees:
- What exactly is HIPAA, and how does it affect what you do on the job?
- The three important rules of HIPAA that safeguard the privacy and security of people’s private medical information (the Privacy Rule, the Security Rule, and the Enforcement Rule)
- What are patient/employee rights under HIPAA?
- What are the HIPAA “Security” and “Enforcement” rules? (the Security Rule laid out standards for keeping private health information safe when it is stored in electronic formats. The Enforcement Rule sets up a list of procedures for investigating HIPAA violations and outlines penalties when a violation has occurred)
- How is “protected health information” or PHI defined? (Any data about a patient’s healthcare, payments for that care, and their personal health details. Examples of PHI include blood test results, MRI and other scans, doctor’s written notes, billing information, and appointment scheduling notes)
- How does the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act or GINA interact or relate to HIPAA? (This Act focused on protecting patients’ genetic information).
Additional Topics Covered in this HIPAA Training for Employees:
- What is the HITECH Act, and how did it strengthen HIPAA requirements and penalties? (HITECH is the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act)
- What documents and records can be classified as protected health information? (It can be any oral, written, recorded, or digitally stored medical information)
- What are “Covered Entities,” “Business Associates,” and “Subcontractors” when it comes to HIPAA Certification?
- What do healthcare workers, healthcare providers, and all healthcare industry employees need to know in order to stay HIPAA compliant?
- What is a Notice of Privacy Practices, and when do you have to provide one? (This document outlines the provider’s policies regarding the use and disclosure of the patient’s PHI, which must be given to them on the first medical visit)
Important Terms Employees Need to Understand About HIPAA:
- How are “use” and “disclosure” defined under HIPAA, and what is permitted or required?
- What are HIPAA audits, and why are they important?
- What is the “minimum necessary standard” as outlined by HIPAA?
- What are examples of “technical safeguards” when it comes to a provider protecting a patient’s private health information stored on computers, hard drives, cloud storage, and more?
- What are the consequences of a HIPAA violation, and why is it so important for employees to follow all of the guidelines and best practices?
- What must a medical provider do if their patient’s medical information has been “breached” as defined by the HIPAA regulations?
- and much more…
Keeping your Company and your employees educated about HIPAA is the only way you can be certain to keep your business in compliance. This HIPAA compliance training video will help educate your employees on the importance of following HIPAA guidelines and is an important part of any training program when employees have access to private health information.
This training is available in DVD or USB Stick format and in English or Spanish versions. Runtime for the HIPAA training video is 21 minutes, and you can watch a full-length preview below. This HIPAA compliance training is also available in an online training course option as well.
This Complete HIPAA Training Program Includes These Items:
- Full-length HIPAA training video for employees
- Employee quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Full-Length HIPAA Training Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order. Shipping is a flat $12.00.