HAZWOPER Medical Surveillance Training
Do your employees who work with hazardous materials need training on medical surveillance? If so, then this HAZWOPER Medical Surveillance Training program is for you. As you know, medical surveillance is an important part of any HAZWOPER situation, and it’s use ensures employees reduce their potential for accidents or injuries.
This HAZWOPER Medical Surveillance Training Covers:
- Why is medical surveillance an important part of any HAZWOPER decontamination process?
- In addition to your employee, who else benefits from medical surveillance:
- How does OSHA define Medical Surveillance? (This is a series of medical tests and exams that are given to employees who work with hazardous materials)
- When is medical surveillance required under the HAZWOPER regulations?
- If your risk of contamination is high, as with chemical permissible exposure limits (PEL) beyond a 30 or more work day limit within 12 months
- If your job duties require you to wear a respirator for 30 or more days per year
- If you are a member of a HAZMAT Emergency Response Team
- What are the five categories that medical surveillance examinations fall into:
- Before you are hired for a job, or “pre-employment.”
- Periodic exams
- Upon termination or reassignment from your job
- When an emergency occurs
- and any “Additional” exam
- What is the purpose of these five different medical surveillance exams?
- What is a “written medical opinion,” and what does it involve?
- What does OSHA require to be included in your medical record? (a written opinion by your physician on your health status, any work limitations, information on any medical treatments that you are currently receiving, a summary of any health complaints that you have made, the results of all of the medical examinations and tests you have incurred as part of the medical surveillance plan, and your social security number)
- and much more….
Training on HAZWOPER Medical Surveillance is really important for your employees. It helps them understand why medical surveillance is important, how it can benefit them, and how it can help prevent illnesses and injuries. This training on HAZWOPER Medical Surveillance is available on either a USB Stick or DVD and is offered in English or Spanish.
Full-Length HAZWOPER Medical Surveillance Training Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.