HAZWOPER Emergencies – How To Deal With the Media
This video training program will help your employees understand how to deal with the media if there is a HAZWOPER emergency at your facility. Not only is there the safety of any person around a HAZWOPER emergency, but you also need to consider how the media will be covering YOUR business as part of that emergency. Unwanted media attention is never a good thing when an accident has occurred. Teaching your employees how to deal with the media in these situations is the first step in controlling both the damage from the incident itself, as well as any incidental damage in the public eye caused by the media coverage.
This HAZWOPER Emergency Training on Dealing With the Media Covers the Following:
- What are the impacts of the media on your business when a HAZWOPER emergency has occurred?
- How should employees handle the press in an emergency situation? What information should and should not be given and what pitfalls exist when employees of any level speak to reporters about an accident at your facility?
- What is the role of a Public Information Officer within a company? Even if that is not a formal role at your facility, someone would be responsible for fielding questions after an accident. Whether they have the title or not, know who at your company will be the de facto Public Relations person responsible for taking questions and answering them following a HAZWOPER event at your business.
- Ensure that your company has a policy regarding whether or not media will be allowed to enter your premises following a major HAZWOPER emergency.
- The importance of having a policy for employees that “no unauthorized person will speak to the media” about an incident at your facility. All communication to the press should come from a designated company representative.
- and much more…
Having a HAZWOPER event at your facility is bad enough. However, having that accident and then having the media involved can become a nightmare scenario for your company. Don’t let that happen. Provide training to your employees with this “Dealing with the Media in a HAZWOPER Emergency” video. Available in either English or Spanish language options, the training is 14 minutes long and comes in either a DVD or on a USB stick.
HAZWOPER How to Deal With the Media Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.