Hazardous materials is all around us. Whether it's fuel for our vehicles, lubrication for our machines, or chemicals used in the workplace, these hazmat materials are everwhere. That's why this HAZWOPER video on Accidental Release Measures and Spill Clean Up is so important. Whether its a small puddle or gasoline or oil, or a much larger release of chemicals or other substance, the key to avoiding a catastrophe is to deal with the spill quickly and efficiently. This video will teach your employee how to do just that.|
Several important topics are addressed in this training video:
This training should be considered an extremely important part of any safety or HAZWOPER training. Dealing with hazardous spills in a safe and efficient manner is critical for workplace safety. This training is available as an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick.
- How to create a plan of action in relation to hazardous spills
- How to plan for emergencies in the workplace as part of a hazard communication program
- What are "Spill Guidelines" and how can they be implemented at your facility?
- How to create a response team and assign members different roles of responsibilty
- How to create and implement emergency recognition and prevention, site security and evacuation, first aid and decontamination procedures that are appropriate for your facility
- What is First Responder Awareness Training and when must it be given to employees?
- What is First Responder Operations Level Training and who must receive that?
- What are Hazardous Materials Technicians and HAZMAT Specialists and how do they fit into your HAZWOPER program?
- What is the role of an Incident Commander?
- What is the proper PPE needed by your response team and what are the four levels of equipment?
- What are the role of sandbags in a hazardous materials spill?
- What are some methods to clean up spills and how are they used?
- How should a hazardous spill be neutralized and cleaned up?
- What are the different decontamination procedures available to the team and how should they be used?
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session