HAZWOPER Confined Space Entry Training
Do you need training on HAZWOPER Confined Space? If so, then this training video is for you. When dealing with Hazardous Waste in a Confined Space environment, you have to deal with situations that could be deadly if not handled properly. Whether working in tanks, silos, pits, hoppers, or storage bins, proper training can help save lives – maybe even your own.
This HAZWOPER Confined Space Training Covers the Following Important Concepts:
- What is the OSHA Permit Required Confined Space Entry Regulation, and what are the details of this requirement?
- What are the OSHA requirements for setting up a Permit Space Entry Program?
- What are some examples of unsafe conditions under a Permit Space Entry Program? (Atmospheres with too little or too much oxygen, tight areas that could trap workers, and hazardous atmospheres that contain flammable or toxic gases or vapors, and more)
- Under what conditions is an “entry permit” required?
- What are some of the items listed on an entry permit:
- Potential hazards within the space
- Emergency rescue procedures that are in force
- Dates, times, and results of atmospheric testing that has been done in the space
- The location of the space
- Names of the entry supervisor and employees entering the space
- Measures used to isolate the space (lockout tagout, etc.)
- Under what conditions must a hot work permit be required and issued?
- What type of personnel are on an “entry team”? (Entrants, rescue personnel, attendants, and entry supervisors, each of whom play a specific role)
- What are some of the duties of an entry supervisor? (They must ensure that entry permits are filed out and signed, that atmospheric testing has been completed, that the proper PPE and other safety equipment are available, that the communications system and plans are in place, and that personnel have been specifically trained in rescue should something go wrong)
Additional HAZWOPER Confined Space Training Topics Covered:
- What is the role of an attendant, and what are the important functions of this job? (This important role is meant to monitor all of the activity from outside the confined space and is ready to act if an issue comes up, they must perform and monitor atmospheric testing)
- What are the devices called that an attendant uses to check the atmospheric conditions in a confined space? (They use direct reading devices, often called sniffers)
- After testing is completed by the attendant, who are they required to show the results to? (They show the results to both the entrants and the entry supervisor)
- Another important role of the attendant is to constantly monitor the space for dangers conditions and if there is an IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health) situation, they have the authority and the duty to alert the rescue team or call for an evacuation)
- How often should HAZWOPER Confined Space rescue drills be performed? (At least annually)
- What are lifelines, and how are they used in a HAZWOPER situation?
- What atmospheric reading would indicate a situation of oxygen deficiency or oxygen-enriched? (Oxygen-deficiency occurs with less than 19.5% oxygen, and Oxygen-enriched occurs with more than 23.5% oxygen in the atmosphere)
- What are some types of flammable gases that are tested for in a HAZWOPER situation? (carbon disulfide, acetylene, and methane are example gases that can be deadly)
- How does forced air ventilation work, and under what Confined Space situations would it be
- What is SCBA, and when is it required? (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus or airline respirators)
- and much more…
Get your personnel the training that they need with this HAZWOPER Confined Space training video. Use this training as part of your overall HAZWOPER training program. The video includes a quiz, answer sheet, and training completion certificate as well. Available as an English or Spanish-speaking USB or DVD.
HAZWOPER Confined Space Training Video Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.