Your employees need training on first aid and this video fits that need! Workplace injuries both large and small are a common occurrence. Show employees how to handle them with this First Aid Safety Training Video. Several important concepts are taught in this training course:|
- How is first aid defined and what types of injury require "first aid"?
- What are the different types of injuries or illnesses that employees can encounter while at work?
- What are the steps employees should take, and just as importantly NOT take, when providing first aid to another person?
- What are the situations where you should call for emergency medical assistance?
- How to strategically place first aid kits in and around your facility and, how to inform your employees of their location
- What specific steps should employees take if a co-worker has an eye injury? What first aid type treatment can be performed as first aid that might solve the problem?
- The importance of posting emergency contact numbers in case an injury or accident extends beyond basic first aid
- What to do in the case of a cut, burn or abrasion
- Under what circumstances should an employee call 911 immediately?
- The importance of understanding bloodborne pathogens, and their potential dangers, when dealing with an employee first aid scenario
- What to do in case of a burn, whether mild or significant
- Should a fracture be treated as a "first aid" situation? (No, fractures should always be considered beyond first aid and the employee should be evaluated by a doctor)
- What is the concept of "RICE" as it relates to minor sprains and strains? (R= Rest, I= Ice, C= Compress, E= Elevate)
- What to do if an injured co-worker goes into "shock" following an injury? And, what are the signs and symptoms?
- What is the "Five and Five" procedure and how is it applied to an employee who is choking or has an obstruction in their throat? (5 blows to the back, 5 abdominal thrusts to clear blockage - usually food)
- What are the signs and symptoms of a heat related illness and why is it important to address heat exhaustion right when it occurs? (Heat stress is very common and employees should know how to spot the signs and symptoms, and, be able to offer treatment which is often just "first aid" in nature)
- and much more...
This first aid training video will give your employees the overview of first aid that they need. Just as important, it will teach them how to understand when a situation requires more than first aid, and emergency help should be called. This video should be an important part of any employee safety training program. Available as a DVD or on a USB stick, and in either English or Spanish language options.