First Aid Training for Employees – [Complete Video Kit]
Your employees need training on first aid, and this video fits that need! Workplace injuries, both large and small, are a common occurrence. Show employees how to handle them with this First Aid Safety Training Video.
This First Aid Training for Employees Covers the Following Important Concepts:
- How is first aid defined, and what types of injury require “first aid”?
- What are the different types of injuries or illnesses that employees can encounter while at work?
- What steps should employees take, and just as importantly NOT, when providing first aid to another person?
- What are the situations where you should call for emergency medical assistance?
- How to strategically place first aid kits in and around your facility and how to inform your employees of their location
- What specific steps should employees take if a co-worker has an eye injury? What first aid type treatment can be performed as first aid that might solve the problem?
- The importance of posting emergency contact numbers in case an injury or accident extends beyond basic first aid
- What to do in the case of a cut, burn, or abrasion
- Under what circumstances should an employee call 911 immediately?
- The importance of understanding bloodborne pathogens, and their potential dangers, when dealing with an employee first aid scenario
Additional Topics Covered in This First Aid Training For Employees Video:
- What to do in case of a burn, whether mild or significant
- Should a fracture be treated as a “first aid” situation? (No, fractures should always be considered beyond first aid, and the employee should be evaluated by a doctor)
- What is the concept of “RICE” as it relates to minor sprains and strains? (R= Rest, I= Ice, C= Compress, E= Elevate)
- What to do if an injured co-worker goes into “shock” following an injury? And what are the signs and symptoms?
- What is the “Five and Five” procedure, and how is it applied to an employee who is choking or has an obstruction in their throat? (5 blows to the back, 5 abdominal thrusts to clear the blockage – usually food)
- What are the signs and symptoms of a heat-related illness, and why is it important to address heat exhaustion right when it occurs? (Heat stress is very common, and employees should know how to spot the signs and symptoms and be able to offer treatment which is often just “first aid” in nature)
- and much more…
This first aid training video will give your employees an overview of the first aid that they need. Just as important, it will teach them to understand when a situation requires more than first aid, and emergency help should be called. This video should be an important part of any employee safety training program. Available as a DVD or on a USB stick, and in either English or Spanish language options.
First Aid Training Video for Employees – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.