Heat stress is not only an important topic for OSHA training but it’s also an important concept to teach your employees to keep them safe on the job. This heat stress training video will teach your employees how to identify heat related illness before it happens, and what to do in case they overheat.
This heat stress training video will help your employees better answer and understand these important concepts:
- How is “heat stress” defined?
- What are the factors that can lead our bodies to become overheated?
- What happens to our bodies when our temperatures rise?
- How much can our bodies sweat in a given hour?
- How much liquid should your employees be drinking as the temperatures rise?
- What are the drinks to avoid while trying to cool your body down?
- What are some of the possible heat related illnesses? (heat syncope, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke are all discussed)
- What might cause a person to faint when they overheat?
- How to recognize the symptoms of heat stress and what to do about it?
- How we can best protect ourselves on the job from getting a heat related injury or illness?
- How can we speed up the cooling process when our body becomes overheated?
- and much more…
Teaching your employees about heat stress is not only a vital OSHA training piece, it is also important to reduce your potential for on the job heat related accidents or injuries. This heat stress training video will teach your employees the important concepts they need to know to keep heat issues in check.
This heat stress training video is available as either an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick, and is 14 minutes in length.