Protecting the eyes is important for any worker but especially for those who work in environments which may be hazardous to the eyes. This Eye Safety Training Video is designed to offer employees an in depth view of proper eye safety protocol and the importance of keep the eyes protected while at work. |
This training video goes over important information like choosing the right protective gear or PPE, how to avoid eye injuries, the impact of sustaining an eye injury, common mistakes employees make which lead to injuries, and common injuries that actually occur. Several important concepts are discussed in this eye safety video:
This Eye Safety Video is available in either English or Spanish language, and in either DVD or USB format.
- How many work related eye injuries occur every year? (It's estimated that more than 24 million eye injuries occur every year in the United States)
- Where can eye injuries occur? (Anywhere...factories, labs, warehouses, offices, etc)
- What are the effects of computer or cell phones screens on the eyes and how can you prevent eye fatigue while using these devices?
- What percentage of on the job eye injuries can be prevented? (at least 90% could be prevented by wearing proper eye protection or PPE)
- The importance of picking the right type of safety glasses
- What are the differences between safety glasses and safety googles and how should each be used and in what situations?
- How polarized lenses in your safety glasses can help prevent damage from ultraviolet or UV sun rays
- The importance of eye protection for those who perform welding tasks
- The role of eye safety glasses when it comes to keeping dust, debris or other particles out of the eyes
- What to do in case you get something in your eye? (don't rub it, blink so your tears can help flush whatever is in the eye, use eye drops to help wash away debris, use an eye wash station to help flush the eye with water and particles that might exist in the eye)
- What do to if you get a foreign body in your eye and simple first aid hasn't helped? (cover the eye with a paper cup or eye shield, bandage it loosely, seek medical assistance)
- What to do if you get a chemical splash in your eye?
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session