Did you know that driving related accidents are the leading cause of death while working? Over 40,000 people will die this year on America’s roadways. Will your employees be part of that statistic? Help them drive safely with this Driving Safety Video.
This training video gives drivers from all walks of life the inside scoop on driving safety. Whether they simply drive to and from work, or they drive as part of their jobs, this video is necessary to ensure safety. The training covers several major components:
- The importance of completing a pre-drive inspection of the vehicle being used (whether it’s a car, truck, van, or anything else)
- What to inspect on the vehicle before hitting the road (tire air pressure, seat positioning, mirror adjustments, brake check, etc)
- The need to wear a seat belt while operating the vehicle (wearing a seat belt doubles your chances of surviving an accident)
- How to deal with and avoid “blind spots” while driving the vehicle
- The importance of obeying the speed limit and traffic signs
- What is a “safety cushion” and why it’s important to remember while operating the vehicle
- Understanding how the size of your vehicle effects the stopping distance while applying the brakes
- What to do if another driver is tailgating you
- How to read traffic signs, lane markings, etc
- How to properly and safely pass other vehicles while on the road
- How to safely drive your vehicle at dusk and at night (your driving strategy will change day versus night)
- How to drive a vehicle in bad weather conditions (rain, snow, etc)
- How eating, texting, playing the with radio, or using a cell phone effect your ability to remain safe on the road (distracted driving causes a large number of accidents each day)
- How to recognize and deal with “road rage” from other drivers
- What to do in case of a tire blow-out
- What to do in case you have an accident
- and much more…
Keeping your employees safe while driving
is good for both employer and employee alike. Accidents can be very expensive – vehicle insurance, car repairs, lost wages, lost time from work all add up to less profit and lost productivity for the business, and potentially lost wages or time from work for the employee. Keep your employees safe on the road with this complete training video on driving safety.
This video is available as a DVD or on a USB Stick in either English or Spanish languages, and is 20 minutes in length.