This DOT HAZMAT training package is meant to help companies comply with the Department of Transportation’s 49 CFR 172.700 Subpart H training requirements. The training video educates students on the DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) that are comprised of parts 100 through 185 of 49 CFR.
This DOT HAZMAT General Awareness Training Covers:
The DOT HAZMAT General Awareness Training outlines what the definition of hazardous materials are, how to access the most current version of the hazards materials found on the Government Printing Office website, and more. As you know, employees who load, unload or handle hazardous materials must receive adequate training to remain compliant.
The training illustrates the dangers of transporting and handling of hazardous materials, teaches the employee how to work with these materials safely, and what security training is necessary in certain situations. The video also discusses the labels that are required to be used on boxes and other shipping containers which include:
- Class 1 – explosive materials
- Class 2 – all gases whether flammable or non-flammable, toxic or inert
- Class 3 – flammable liquids
- Class 4 – flammable solids
- Class 5 – oxidizers and organic peroxides
- Class 6 – all poisonous substances
- Class 7 – all radioactive materials
- Class 8 – contains corrosives
- Class 9 – miscellaneous hazardous materials including any hazardous substance that doesn’t clearly fit into one of the previous 8 categories
Hazard class labels, placards, shipping papers, and the DOT’s Emergency Response Guidebook are also addressed in this training. The run time on this training video is 17 minutes, is available in either English or Spanish versions, and in either DVD or USB stick format. This training video was updated in 2018 so the information is current and up to date.