Workplace Violence Training Video
If you need workplace violence training for your employees then this video kit is for you! No workplace is immune from violence. Did you know that OSHA requires that employers provide “a place of employment free from recognized hazards that are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to employees?” This definition certainly includes workplace violence.
Did you know that homicide is the second most common cause of death on the job? Even when things don’t get that serious violent acts are all too common. Give your workers the tools they need to recognize potentially violent tendencies, as well as how to diffuse potentially dangerous situations when they arise.
This comprehensive look at violence in the workplace covers a range of topics including warning signs, abusive behavior, aggression, threats, assault, and also how to create a positive working environment. Important topics that are covered include:
- How is “violence” defined in the workplace? (physical, verbal and emotional all play a potential role)
- What are the two sources of workplace violence? (Inside, which are employees of your company, and outside which are committed by people who aren’t employed by your company)
- What is the most common cause of workplace violence? (disagreements of personality conflicts between employees)
- What are the warning signs or red flags associates with violence in the workplace? (an employee who becomes defensive or over-reacts to comments or criticism, a suddenly irritable co-worker that shows emotional outbursts or mood swings, etc)
- What are the three types of threats that can be found in the workplace and how should each be handled? (veiled, conditional and direct).
- How is verbal abuse defined and what are some examples? (bullying, mocking, intimidation, insults, etc)
- What employees should do if they are threatened, either physically or verbally?
- The importance of employees reporting things they see (co-workers with weapons, unfamiliar or unauthorized people in their work area, etc)
- How employees should react or respond to an unreasonable or unrational person who confronts them?
- and much more…
This workplace violence training is a must see for employees. It comes in either DVD or USB format and is available in English and Spanish language options.
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.