Do your employees often rig or move loads with slings, hoists, chains, cranes, or other tools to help them get their jobs done? If so, you need this rigging safety training video to teach them the proper way to rig their loads while reducing the potential of accidents and injuries. Rigging a load improperly can not only damage the load and other property, but can also injure employees. A big part of crane safety training involves rigging safety, and this video aims to focus on proper rigging techniques to keep you, your products, and most importantly, your employees, safe on the job.|
This rigging training video teaches and discusses several important concepts:
If your employees use cranes or hoists as part of their job duties than this Rigging Safety Video should be an important piece of any standard safety training. The training video is just over 16 minutes in length and is available in an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick.
- What are the best practices for lifting, moving and lowering loads?
- How to design, construct and safely use rigging equipment
- What are the standard hand signals that should be used in crane operations?
- What are the key concepts a rigger needs to understand when rigging a load? (verify load weight, choose and attach the appropriate slings, how to select a hitch that will best balance the load and hold it securely, etc.)
- What are the pieces of Personal Protective Equipment or PPE that is necessary for a rigger? (safety shoes, hard hat, glasses, leather gloves, etc)
- What are the different types of slings and how are they used to lift and carry loads of various shapes, sizes, shapes and weights? (wire rope slings, synthetic slings, metal mesh slings, chain slings, etc.)
- How to inspect a sling prior to its use
- How to properly care for an not damage a sling that you are using
- What are the dangers associated with overloading a sling?
- What is the "Sling angle" and how does it affect the weight of the load you are moving?
- What are the different types of hitches and how are they used? (Vertical hitches, choker hitch, basket hitch, etc)
- What are tagline and how are they used to move loads?
- What are the best practices when it comes to the hand signals being used around cranes, slings and hoists?
- What are the best practices to keep in mind when it's time to make a lift?
- What is a "trial lift" and when should you use it?
- How to properly un-rig your load when it reaches its destination
- And much more....
A Full-Length Preview Can Be Viewed Below:
This training teaches the concepts found in OSHA Rigging Standard 1926.251
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session