CDL Driver Injury Prevention Training – [Complete Video Kit]
If you employ truck drivers or any holders of Commercial Drivers’ Licenses, then you need safety training for them. Fact is, truck drivers can and do sustain injuries while they are working. It’s not always during driving that they get injured though. Did you know that most of the injuries CDL drivers sustain occur inside or around the truck? That’s why this CDL driver injury prevention training is so important. Teaching your truck drivers how to stay safe while hooking up their trailers, loading or unloading cargo, getting in and out of the cab will help you reduce the number of accidents and injuries at your facility.
This CDL Driver Injury Prevention Training Covers the Following Important Concepts:
- What are some examples of injuries that truck drivers might incur? (lifting heavy objects, slipping and falling, being struck by cargo, being crushed by the truck, and much more). Providing training to your drivers to eliminate these types of injuries is very helpful to employer and employee alike
- What are some techniques truck drivers can use to prevent injury while getting in and out of the cab? (always use the 3 point rule which is have at least 3 of your limbs making contact with the truck at all times, wearing the proper footwear to prevent slips and trips, not jumping onto the ground but instead stepping down onto the ground, etc)
- How to maintain good body ergonomics when driving the truck
- The importance of taking breaks while driving
- What role does diet play in avoiding injuries for truck drivers?
- The importance of getting enough sleep
- What are the types of hazards associated with box trucks and trailers?
- The importance of watching out for pinch points on the trailer doors
- How and where to park your tractor trailer (try to keep the truck and trailer on level ground, make sure the wheels are chocked, parking brake is set, and more)
- What to look for while inspecting your trailer hitch, landing gear, kingpin, and more
Other Topics Covered in this Truck Driver Safety Training:
- What to watch out for on loading docks
- What is “trailer creep” and “trailer pop” and why they should be avoided
- How to properly drop the trailer while the trailer is being unloaded
- What to look for with dock plates and levelers
- How should a truck driver properly lift something without getting injured?
- How the CDL driver should deal with pallets
- What are the basics associated with cargo securement?
- If the box truck or trailer is equipped with a lift gate what safety precautions should be taken while using that?
- What are the most common items a truck will collide with? (other trucks, forklifts, and people)
- How to maneuver the truck around the yard
- and much more…
Keeping your truck drivers safe is critical to both your employees and your business. This truck driver safety training will help your CDL reduce the possibility of accidents or injuries. Available as an English speaking DVD or USB stick, the training is 17 minutes in length.
CDL Driver Safety Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.