This hot work permit training video will help your welders and your job site comply with the OSHA hot work permit guidelines. As you know, whether your employees are welding, brazing, soldering, or cutting, the tools of their trade create an environments where sparks fly and fire dangers are real. That is the reason why making sure your workforce understands the OSHA hot work permitting process, and your facility implements the permits in the correct way.
This Hot Work Permit Training Covers These Important Topics:
- The types of fire hazards that exist with any welding, soldering, brazing or other hot work (flammable liquids, vapors, accumulated grease or oil, etc)
- The hazards associated with oxy-fuel welding rigs and arc welding machines
- How is a “Hot work permitting system” defined and what does it include?
- What is a Hot Work Safety Manager?
- What specific items need to be included in the Hot Work Permit?
- How to develop a checklist of hazards that may exist in the hot work area
- What is a “fire watcher” and how are they used within the hot work program?
- What is a “Permit Authorizing Individual” or PIA?
- How to prepare a work area where hot work will be performed
- How to do hot work inside of confined spaces
- and much more…
Keeping your facility safe and your employees accident-free is an important component of any safety program. This hot work permit training will help you maintain OSHA compliance, and also keep your employees from getting injured on the job. Available as an English or Spanish language DVD or USB Stick, this training is 14 minutes in length.