Construction Worker First Aid Training – [Complete Video Kit]
In the construction industry, injuries can and will happen. Giving your construction crew training on basic first aid can go a long way in keeping everyone on the crew safe and productive. This Construction Worker First Aid Training Video will teach your crew the ins and outs of basic job site first aid protocol.
The Construction Worker First Aid Training Covers the Following Important Topics:
- Construction site injuries or accidents can be as simple as a small cut and as dramatic as a significant injury. The key is having employees know what to do in any given medical situation
- What are the different types of injuries or illnesses that might pop up on a construction site? (cuts, abrasions, excessive heat exposure, burns, head injuries, etc.)
- What steps should be taken and NOT taken when a co-worker is injured?
- What are the situations in which “first aid” is not appropriate and 911 should be called?
- How to perform basic first aid when a coworker has sawdust or other particles in their eye
- How to treat a small cut or scrape (rinse with water, clean the area around the wound, if bleeding, press a cloth or piece of gauze over the wound to stop bleeding, bandage the wound, etc.)
- How to avoid contact with a coworker’s blood while performing first aid (bloodborne pathogens precautions)
- What is “RICE” mean when dealing with a sprain or strain?
- “R” stands for Rest (don’t use the limb and keep weight off of it)
- “I” stands for Ice (apply ice for 20 minutes every hour)
- “C” stands for Compress (wrap the joint of limb in an elastic bandage)
- “E” stands for Elevate (raise the injured area so it’s above the level of the heart)
Other Topics Covered in This Construction Worker First Aid Training Program:
- What are the situations in which an injured employee should NOT be moved following an injury?
- What are the symptoms of an injured employee going into shock, and what steps should be taken?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a coworker who has had a heart attack, and what should be done immediately?
- What are the benefits of having employees trained in CPR?
- What to do if a coworker is choking?
- What is the “Five and Five” procedure when it comes to clearing a blocked airway when food or other substances are stuck in a coworker’s throat?
- How to treat heat exhaustion
- and much more…
Teaching your Construction Crew the art of basic first aid can help both you and your workers. This Construction Worker First Aid Training will teach your employees the basics of first aid. Available in an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick, this training is 17 minutes long.
Construction Worker First Aid Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.