Intro to GHS – Globally Harmonized System
Your employees need to be trained on GHS, or the Globally Harmonized System and this training DVD does just that. This introduction to GHS training video teaches viewers all about chemicals, their place in our job sites, and how to work safely with chemicals.
This GHS training provides viewers with the answers to several important questions including:
- What is the Globally Harmonized System and how does it fit within the workplace?
- How does the Hazard Communication Standard change with the implementation of the new GHS Standard?
- Why did OSHA adopt the GHS method and how does it work with the existing Hazard Communications Standard?
- What are the major requirements that the GHS brings to the HAZCOM Standard?
- What are the phase-in dates for the GHS?
- What are the differences between a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
The training also walks trainees through the four major areas that the GHS changes in the Hazard Communication Standard including:
- Hazard Classification
- Container Labeling
- Safety Data Sheets
- Information and Training
Additional training is provided that teaches viewers the eight sections of the Safety Data Sheet, and what each of these following sections means:
- The identity of the substance of mixture and the supplier
- The hazards of the chemical
- First aid measures when using the chemical
- How to handle and store the chemical
- Exposure controls and personal protection of using the chemical
- Physical and chemical properties of the substance
- Stability and reactivity of the chemical
- Disposal and transportation of the chemical
Finally, the training goes over the GHS labeling protocol including each of the six major pieces of information on a GHS label:
- The product or chemical identifier
- The supplier identifier
- The Hazard pictogram
- A “Signal Word”
- Hazard Statements
- Precautionary Information
If you are looking for a good introduction to the fundamentals of GHS this training video is for you. It will give your employees a basis of the GHS Standard and allow them to get a basic understanding of the Standard which allows for further learning.
Available as an English or Spanish language DVD or USB Stick, this 21-minute training video will be a good addition to your training library.
Introduction to GHS Full-Length Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.