Your employees need to be trained on GHS, or the Globally Harmonized System and this training DVD does just that. This introduction to GHS training video teaches viewers all about chemicals, their place in our job sites, and how to work safely with chemicals.|
This GHS training provides viewers with the answers to several important questions including:
The training also walks trainees through the four major areas that the GHS changes in the Hazard Communication Standard including:
- What is the Globally Harmonized System and how does it fit within the workplace?
- How does the Hazard Communication Standard change with the implementation of the new GHS Standard?
- Why did OSHA adopt the GHS method and how does it work with the existing Hazard Communications Standard?
- What are the major requirements that the GHS brings to the HAZCOM Standard?
- What are the phase-in dates for the GHS?
- What are the differences between a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
Additional training is provided that teaches viewers the eight sections of the Safety Data Sheet, and what each of these following sections means:
- Hazard Classification
- Container Labeling
- Safety Data Sheets
- Information and Training
Finally, the training goes over the GHS labeling protocol including each of the six major pieces of information on a GHS label:
- The identity of the substance of mixture and the supplier
- The hazards of the chemical
- First aid measures when using the chemical
- How to handle and store the chemical
- Exposure controls and personal protection of using the chemical
- Physical and chemical properties of the substance
- Stability and reactivity of the chemical
- Disposal and transportation of the chemical
If you are looking for a good introduction to the fundamentals of GHS this training video is for you. It will give your employees a basis of the GHS Standard and allow them to get a basic understanding of the Standard which allows for further learning.
- The product or chemical identifier
- The supplier identifier
- The Hazard pictogram
- A "Signal Word"
- Hazard Statements
- Precautionary Information
Available as an English or Spanish language DVD this 21 minute training video will be a good addition to your training library. The training is also part of our online training program if you prefer to stream this video, or use on a Learning Management System.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session