Now more than every employers have a diverse workforce and diversity training is a key to a having a conflict free and successful work environment. Teaching employees the important concepts of diversity will go a long way in reducing conflict, and increasing morale. This diversity training video will teach your employees all about diversity, whether it's racial, religious, or any other demographic measure. Your employees will get a deep understanding of how diversity and inclusion training can help them in their everyday lives - both on the job and in their personal lives.|
This employee diversity training video will educate your workers on the following concepts:
- How have workplace demographics changed through the years?
- What is diversity?
- How any workplace can have diverse employees with various religious, sexual, or ethnic backgrounds and make up
- What types of legislation has been passed through the years protecting workers right regardless of sex, color, religion or national origin?
- What is inclusion and why is it important?
- What are the benefits of a diverse workplace and employee base?
- What positive effects on employees occur when workplace diversity is embraced?
- What are the problems associated with stereotypes?
- "Biased beliefs" are discussed including such stereotypes as:
- "Women are the weaker sex"
- "All foreigners are lazy"
- "Older people don't work well with computers"
- How the combinations of stereotypes and biases lead people to potentially discriminate against each other.
- What are negative consequences of discrimination on the job?
- and much more...
Providing your employees with training on diversity in the workplace will help your business in many ways. Decreasing the incidences of bias, discrimination and "us against them attitudes" mean that employees will focus on work instead of their differences. This diversity training video is available as an English DVD.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session